This post sponsored by Gerolsteiner, but all editorial comments, opinions and enthusiasm are strictly my own.
I’m sharing 7 Minute Anywhere Workouts for Everyone, with beginner, intermediate and advanced versions. Do them at home, in your office, in your hotel, while you wait for kids to finish their music lessons and sports practices. No excuses, in a little less than half of a quarter-hour (or 560 seconds), you can mark “exercise” off your “to do” list – and still have time to pat yourself on the back for being so efficient and smart!
You know what else is smart? Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water. Read on to discover how this mineral water is a great hydration choice for an active lifestyle and find out how to join the Sparkling Detox Challenge, running September 11–15.
My friends tend to fall into two camps when it comes to working out. Those who see it as a chore and want the quickest way to get it done and those who would exercise dawn to dusk if life permitted. However, if you self-identify, my 7 Minute Anywhere Workouts for Everyone will work for you. If it’s your only sweat sesh of the day, you can feel great that you kicked your heart rate up for 7 minutes with non-stop, full-body moves. If you want to run, bike or hit a boot-camp earlier or later in the day, these workouts are short enough that you’ll likely recover in time. Plus, there is a beginner, intermediate and advanced option – so pick what works for your skill or energy level.
- Jumping Jack: I hope you know the drill, legs out and arms go up.
- Forearm Plank: Keep rear tucked in and core engaged. Break into increments if a 1-min. hold is too long.
- Air Squats: Feet shoulder length apart, sink rear end to the ground. Stand back up with hip extension.
- Arm Circles: Arms straight out at shoulder height, like a “T.” Make tiny circling motions, alternate circle direction halfway.
- Glute Bridge: Lay on back, knees bent upward and shoulders in neutral position at side. Lift rear off the ground as far as possible while engaging glutes and core. Hold.
- Supine Knee Touches: Stay in same glute bridge position. While still lying, tap right hand to right heel, then left hand to left heel.
- Squat Thrust: Basically, a burpee without the pushup. Jump down, kicking legs out behind, into a straight-arm plank. Jump feet back up to hands and quickly stand up.
- Plank Knee Drive: In straight-arm plank position, bring a knee to opposing elbow and hold for two counts before returning to start and repeating with other leg.
- Air Squats: Feet shoulder length apart, sink that bootie to the ground. Stand back up with hip extension.
- Push Ups: Any version or modification is great! Do what you can.
- Wall Sit: Sit against wall with knees bent in 90-degree angle like you are a chair. Hold.
- V-Ups: From a supine position, raise both legs off the floor while raising torso and arms to meet toes.
- Burpee: Jump down, kicking legs out behind, into a straight-arm plank. Complete a push up. Jump feet back up to hands and quickly stand up.
- Plank Heel Touch: Hold a straight-arm plank. Bend a knee and raise leg up, reaching back with opposing hand to tap heel.
- Pistol Squats: A single leg squat, alternate legs. Use wall or chair for balance, if needed.
- Handstand Push Ups: Find a wall, get into a headstand and push up into handstand. Use kipping method, if needed. Can substitute incline push-ups if you don’t have this skill yet.
- Jumping Air Squats: Feet shoulder length apart, sink that bootie to the ground. Stand back up and use legs to push off immediately into a vertical jump, landing softly.
- Hollow Rock: Lay in supine position with legs straight and arms straight back overhead, hands touching. Engage core and lift feet and head a couple inches off floor and rock continuous back and forth.
I look forward to drinking Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water after these workouts, after a run, at the lake . . . honestly, I sip on it all day long! I know why I crave this mineral water and it’s not just the refreshing, sparkly bubbles. Gerolsteiner boasts essential nutrients for cellular activity, like magnesium and calcium, that my body needs but can’t make on its own.
I’ve joined the Sparkling Detox Challenge that goes from September 11–15, you should join too! It’s easy, just swap out all your normal beverages with Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water and prepare to see amazing feel great. There is also a Facebook group where you can get useful nutrition and exercise tips and interact with a supportive, fun, SPARKLING community!Feeling fabulous! I got started on my Sparkling Detox early as you can see!
Don’t forget to join up with the Sparkling Detox Facebook group
Looking for Gerolsteiner? Use the store locator to find the closest place that stocks it. Also, check out Gerolsteiner special offers on the Ibotta app, shop online at Sam’s Club and Jet.com or get case discounts at Whole Foods Market.
What do you do to fit in a workout when time is limited? Share your favorite no-equiment exercise. Are you a mineral water fan, if not – why? Let’s chat in the comments – XOXO, Jennifer