Feed your face . . . I mean soul . . with this wholesome recipe for a fall season-inspired, no-fuss pumpkin quick bread.
This autumn recipe for Pumpkin Oat Bread with White Chocolate Chips is all treat with just a few tricks tossed in to make it a touch healthier than the traditional pumpkin bread I grew up baking. Read on to get more deets and the updated recipe:
For example, in lieu of some of the sugar, I’ve used a Stevia blend and also reduced part of the oil with extra pumpkin puree for added moistness. Additionally, instead of using entirely a gluten-free baking mix, I swapped in oats for extra fiber and texture. Oh, and those white chocolate chips are a sweet splurge, but you could substitute nuts or dried fruit. And, if for some reason this pumpkin bread recipe doesn’t float your boat, I have another gluten-free, paleo friendly Chocolate Chip Cranberry Pumpkin Bread that you should check out.
Pumpkin Oat White Chocolate Chip Quick Bread Recipe (Gluten Free)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk of choice (dairy, soy, almond, etc)
- 3/4 cup sugar baking replacement (I used Sugarless Sugar, see below)
- 1/2 cup date or coconut sugar
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1/3 cup oil of coconut oil
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cups all-purpose gluten-free baking blend
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats (divided)
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in oil, pumpkin puree, and sugars until well combined.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder until well combined. Next, stir in flour and ¾ cup of oats. Gently fold in white chocolate chips.
- Lightly spray loaf pans with cooking spray. Pour batter into one large load pan or divide equally among three mini loaf pans. Sprinkle tops of loaves with remaining ¼ cup oats.
- Bake in center of oven for approximately 60 – 70 minutes for large loaf and 35 – 40 minutes for mini loafs, or until toothpick inserted into the center pulls clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on wire racks before removing and slicing. Bread may be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Makes one large loaf or three mini loaves.
Some of the pantry staples from Now Foods that I keep on hand for recipes like this!
I also want to share with you some of the ladies who responded to my #LoveYourAge shout out – they are rocking life and proving that age is just a number. I also remind you of the upcoming #R3Summit (Refresh, Revive, Reinvent) being put on by Prevention magazine October 16 & 17th in Austin.
Do you eagerly await for the arrival of pumpkin flavored foods in the fall? What is your favorite pumpkin food?