Call me a clairvoyant, but I know you’re making sweet potatoes sometime in the next week. Everyone eats sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving Day, it’s the law. Even though my Kale & Caramelized Onion Sweet Potato recipe was a huge hit at home, I really don’t like to make the same recipe for dinner twice in the same month! So, tonight, I decided to cauliflower-ify my favorite tuber – and yum, yum, yum! Gosh, now what am I going to come up with for Thanksgiving dinner?
Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Mash Recipe
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (or Instantly Fresh Parsley)
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 1 ½ -inch chunks.
- In large pot with steam basked, steam sweet potato and cauliflower with 1 inch of water in bottom of pot. Vegetables will be ready in about 10 – 12 minutes, or when fork tender.
- Place in large bowl and mash the potato and cauliflower with the milk. Stir in the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper. If too thick, add milk 1 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serves 4 – 6
Here’s the Kale & Caramalized Onion Sweet Potatoes I was mentioning.
Last year, I made this recipe for Sweet Potato Skillet Stack with Srirracha Orange Glaze – delish!
Of course, you know Cooking Light knows how to do up a sweet potato right, check out this gallery for additional inspiration.
So, how do you like to eat sweet potatoes best?